A place for the ramblings of a man just a step away from being that guy talking to himself outside the subway station.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Some Solid Advice



So there I was, just reading a book by the late George Carlin when I read some of the best advice I think that I’ve ever heard. I’ve decided to pass it on to you people. It’s probably something we should all hear.

“Most people take life much too seriously and worry about all the wrong things: security, advancement, prosperity, all those things that give you heartburn. I think people would be better off if they relaxed and had a little more fun.

Think about it: We’re all here on a big rock, zippin’ around a bad star for no good reason. We don’t know where we came from, we don’t know where we’re going, we don’t know how long it’s gonna last, and we keep having to go to the bathroom. And on top of that, the whole thing is completely meaningless.

Do you ever stop to think about that? It’s all meaningless. All this detail. What’s it for? This table. What’s it doing here? What’s the purpose? Who cares? I think the whole thing is someone’s idea of a great practical joke. So relax that extra-tight American anal sphincter, folks, and have a little fun.” – George Carlin

No comments:

Post a Comment