A place for the ramblings of a man just a step away from being that guy talking to himself outside the subway station.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Another Odd Thing I Noticed Recently

Maybe it's just me but have you stopped getting excited about new things?

I remember when I was younger that I used to get excited about anything that was new. Movie releases, new albums by artists I liked, highly anticipated video games, Earth shattering tech-y bullshit, it all drove me wild. Every week is like Christmas when you're easily excited about new things.

This year? Nothing excites me. I haven't paid to go to the theatre in half a year, I bought the new album by The National but I'm not sure I've listened to it all yet. I don't even know what's going on with video games anymore. The iPad came out this year but I'd rather have an iPod with more memory than one of those things.

The most excited I was about a new thing in the past year was the release of the latest Douglas Coupland novel.

Really, does anyone get excited about anything anymore? I think we're past that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment